Personal Information Protection Policy
1.2. We take our obligations to protect personal information seriously. KCMA will continuously update and revise rules and management systems for handling and protection of personal information and ensure compliance by its employees with such rules and systems.
1.5.1. What information KCMA collects and holds.
1.5.2. How KCMA uses that information.
1.5.3. How KCMA manages and secures personal information collected.
1.5.4. How KCMA uses direct marketing to communicate with customers and how to opt out.
1.5.5. Disclosure of information KCMA collects.
1.5.6. How customers can request to access and update information.
1.5.7. How personal information is destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer required.
1.5.8. How to request for further information or make a privacy complaint.
Collection of personal information and other information
2.1. KCMA may use personal information collected from customers that submit an online enquiry form from our site to make enquiries about KCMA products or services. Information collected includes: first name, last name, company, phone, email, state and postcode and is then forwarded to the correct KCMA employee and/or authorised KCMA dealers to be able to contact you to assist with your enquiry and provide the best service to you.
2.2. When customers subscribe to KCMA’s mailing list or submit an online form, the email address is used to thank customers for subscribing to our email newsletters or for submitting an online enquiry form and we will store your communication and our reply for any future correspondence on our database on servers which are housed in a secure environment. Access is restricted to authorised employees that need the information to perform a specific job. Beyond KCMA’s initial reply and forwarding a customer’s personal information to the correct KCMA employee or authorised KCMA dealers, KCMA will never use your email address to send you any unsolicited messages or information, or sell it to anyone else for such use.
2.3. KCMA will use personal information collected from customers that have signed the delivery and warranty registration forms handed in by authorised KCMA dealers to invite customers that have purchased a product or service to participate in surveys to assist in planning and delivering better products and services. The provision of this information will be voluntary and our intended use will be clearly identified at the time of collection. Customer answers provided in surveys will be recorded on our database on servers which are housed in a secure environment. Access is restricted to authorised employees that need the information to perform a specific job. All personal information is password protected.
2.4. KCMA may use customer personal information for marketing and promotional purposes and may send information about company news, tips and offers on services and products that may be of interest, only if the customer has provided consent to KCMA sending them marketing communication material. Our communications will be sent via the preferred method of communication nominated by the customer. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services you may notify KCMA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.5. Our servers automatically collect site use information each time you visit our site. This site information includes, but is not limited to the following: operating system in use, browser type, which website referred you to us, and other similar information. This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on our site, pages viewed, time and date of visits, and other similar information. We may use and disclose site use information, for example, to measure the use of our website, improve the content, explain the usefulness of our website and services we provide, and to extend their functionality. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
Use of personal information and other information collected
3.1. KCMA may share personal information, including first name, last name, company, phone, email, state and postcode with authorised KCMA dealers to be able to assist with customer enquiries that come through via KCMA’s website. For any enquiries, complaints please notify email@example.com.
3.2. KCMA may post customer testimonial stories on KCMA’s site which may contain personal information such as names, company, position title and photos of the customer. KCMA may also share these testimonial stories with authorised KCMA dealers. KCMA’s public relations agency will also share the customer testimonial story and photos with industry publications to place in their magazines and websites. KCMA’s public relations agency does obtain the customer’s consent prior to sharing the testimonial story with personal information mentioned as above via verbal and written communication before sharing this with KCMA and industry publications. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial from our website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1. KCMA’s direct marketing consists of a range of communications such as emails, phone and postal mail.
4.2. KCMA will only communicate with a customer through sending company news, tips and offers on services and products that may be of interest if the customer has elected to receive such information. Our communications will be sent via the preferred method of communication nominated by the customer. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
4.3. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may advise KCMA that you wish to opt out by emailing KCMA at email@example.com.
Storage and security of personal information
5.1. KCMA takes all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to a customer’s personal data and to keep it secure.
5.2. KCMA stores personal information on servers which are housed in a secure environment. Access is restricted to authorised employees that need the information to perform a specific job. All personal information is password protected. We have computer and network security on our remote peripherals.
5.4. KCMA will take reasonable steps to delete or permanently re-identify personal information we hold on you if you cease to be our customer and we no longer need the information to finalise any outstanding matters.
5.5. KCMA will never use your email address or other information to provide you with any unsolicited messages or information (unless that is part of the service you are requesting).
5.6. KCMA cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted over the Internet and through servers that are out of our control. We strive to protect your personal information but KCMA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our website or Services. Any data transmissions you make over the Internet are done so at your own risk. Once we receive the data transmission, we make our best efforts to ensure its security and privacy on our systems.
5.7. Cookies may be used to ensure safety and provide appropriate information to you. Cookie is a piece of information transmitted from KCMA’s web server to the web browser and may be stored on your computer hard disk or other memory device. Cookie itself does not contain any information to help KCMA identify an individual person. You can decide whether to accept or block Cookie by setting your web browser. However, if you choose not to accept Cookie, you may not be able to use the services provided on the website managed by KCMA. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
5.8. Our servers automatically collect site use information each time you visit our site for reasons stated in point 2.5 above. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personal information.
Remarketing and online advertising
KCMA use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our website. This allows us to deliver targeted online advertising on sites that are part of the Google Display Network. To do this, Google stores a number in a user’s browser using a “cookie” to remember their visits. This number uniquely identifies a web browser on a specific computer, not a person. These cookies are not essential for the function of our website, but they may enhance a user’s experience by providing content that is relevant to a user and their interests. If you no longer wish to receive this type of advertising from us, you can control how cookies are used on your computer at any time by changing your browser settings. Users can also choose to permanently opt out of the advertising cookies by referring to the ads settings and clicking the “opt out” link.
Disclosure of personal information
7.1. In the normal course of business we will not disclose a customer’s personal information to any other party (other than with authorised KCMA dealers). However, circumstances may arise where we will disclose your personal information without your consent. The circumstances include but are not limited to situations where disclosure is:
7.1.1. Required or authorised by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order, or we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body;
7.1.2. Reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim
7.1.3. Enforce crucial terms of our agreements with you;
7.1.4. Sell our business or part of it; and
7.1.5. Necessary (in our reasonable belief) to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety, and it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain the individuals consent to the disclosure.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
8.1. Under the Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13, customers have the right to ask KCMA to provide you with personal information KCMA holds on you and to ask KCMA to correct that personal information.
8.2. If such requests are made, KCMA will require you to provide identification to ensure you are who you say you are. We undertake to provide the information in a reasonable time and to correct any errors where the information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
8.3. We wish our services to meet your expectations on all occasions. To do so we need the information we hold about you to be accurate and up to date. Please help us by informing us promptly of any changes to your personal details.
8.4. To request access to, or to correct, your personal information, please contact our (privacy officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8.5. If we decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, we will give you our reasons for our decision.
How to make a request for further information or make a privacy complaint
9.2. We will use our best endeavours to respond and resolve any complaint to your reasonable satisfaction. If KCMA cannot resolve the complaint to the customer’s satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or KCMA may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
10.2.Last updated 04 January 2016.
Reference for contact information:
Kobelco Construction Machinery Australia Pty Ltd.
Address: PO Box 6579 Blacktown NSW 2148
[Authorised KCMA Dealers]
Gato Sales Pty Ltd
Capital Construction Equipment
Sydney Trucks & Machinery Centre Pty Ltd
South Coast Trucks & Machinery Pty Ltd
Brisvegas Machinery Pty Ltd
DLM Machinery Pty Ltd
LiftRite Hire & Sales
Customer Survey Fridge/Freezer Giveaway Terms & Conditions
1. Receive one (1) entry into the draw to win a Kobelco Dometic Fridge/Freezer (Offer) when you complete and submit the Kobelco customer satisfaction survey, which is sent by the email@example.com email. The Fridge/Freezer is valued at AUD$1,299 RRP (excluding delivery).
2. Offer applies to those who receive and submit their survey between 10 February 2022 to 31 January 2023 (Offer Period).
3. Only one (1) entry will be accepted per customer, per month, and the entry must be completed in the month you received the survey.
4. There are twelve (12) Fridge/Freezers prizes in total to be won, which will be awarded at the rate of one prize per calendar month. A monthly randomised prize drawing will occur on or as close as possible to the 15th of the month; the winner will be selected from a pool of only the eligible prize entries received in the preceding month.
5. The winners will be selected using a random name generator at Kobelco Australia’s Eastern Creek Head Office. The individual winners will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the draw, the prize will then by posted to the winners nominated address.
6. In accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements made by or on the behalf of Kobelco Australia. The prize winner further acknowledges and agrees that Kobelco Australia has the right to publicise their name, Country, and the State or Territory in which the winner ordinarily resides, photograph, likeness and/or voice in any language and in any media (whether now known or later devised) throughout the world in perpetuity without restriction in respect of this Promotion and any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Kobelco Australia, without any payment being made to them.
7. This Offer cannot be exchanged, transferred or redeemed for cash.
8. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and is only available in Australia and New Zealand.
9. Kobelco Australia reserves the right to vary or cancel this Offer at any time, without notice. This Offer subject to availability. In the event that any part of the Offer becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond Kobelco Australia’s reasonable control, Kobelco Australia reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original products or no products at all, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation. Kobelco Australia reserves the right to vary or cancel this Offer at any time in its absolute discretion, at any time without notice.
10. Individuals are not eligible for the Offer if they are a director, manager or employee of Kobelco Australia, or an agency of Kobelco Australia directly associated with the Offer, or if they are an immediate family member of such director, manager or employee.
11. Neither Kobelco Australia, nor any other person or party associated with this Offer, shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this Offer or with any of the benefits offered.
12. Kobelco Construction Machinery Australia’s Privacy Statement can be found at https://www.kobelco.com.au/privacy-statement/